Saturday, November 8, 2008

Talk about feeling "antique"

Today we went out for a bit to a nearby area called Niles, that has many quaint little antique shops. As we were shopping I had some rather intense cramping and I broke out in a terrible sweat. I asked my husband if it was hot in the shop, and the lady behind the counter said, "I think it is hot, but I am usually hot" and made that knowing look like it must be menopause. Well I can't tell you how old this made me feel. I am now a member of the perimenopausal and postmenopausal club of woman who suffer with hot flashes.

On the upside, I am being treated like a princess at home. My husband is very attentive and supportive. I guess even a princess has to endure a little nausea and a few hot flashes now and then.

Home pregnancy tests are usually not accurate this early. The earliest I have heard of positives is 9 days post retrieval and that was with twins. I tested positive at 10 days post retrieval during our cycle in July this year. Since we transferred on Wednesday and they were 5 day embryos so the earliest will be Monday and that will be 10 days.

No comments: