Saturday, July 26, 2008

Natural vs. medicated FET

Our fresh cycle was lost due to low progesterone. The question of
course being was it low because of chromosomal problems or low
because of inadequate progesterone supplementation?

We are meeting with out RE on August 22nd and in preparing for the
meeting I have been reading about the 2 types of cycles and all the
clinical trials I have read there is no statistical difference in the
ongoing pregnancy results.

I have always had regular 26 day cycles. I have not had a FSH done in
awhile but I do know I produced a huge ovulatory cyst with the last
cycle that delayed my fresh transfer by one week (23mm I believe)so I
am definitely still ovulating!

I feel like I would like to try the natural cycle since my 2 fresh
cycles that were medicated were not successful. I am surely not
opposed to using supplemental progesterone along with the natural
cycle, but somehow having my own functioning corpus luteum sounds
preferable.

No comments: