Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And we're off....

My appointment yesterday was successful. They checked my lining and the hormone levels in my blood. They wanted my lining to be at least 8mm and it was 11.3!!!! Yeah!!! I didn't get the results of my bloodwork but was told that it was fine.

I started my shots last night. My husband is a very calm man that I appreciate sooo much. He is also my nurse. He went with me to my appointment yesterday and the nurse drew a bullseye on my rump so he would know where to insert the needle. The needle used to draw the medicine is HUGE!!!!! It about scared me to death!! lol However, once drawn, the needle is replaced with a smaller one that is a little less intimidating. The shot didn't hurt at all. Ron, Makayla and I took turns rubbing and applying heat. Because the progesterone is in oil, the medicine needs to be rubbed in to prevent knotting. I did not have any knots, bruises or pain this morning when I awoke. However, on my way to work this morning, I started feeling some discomfort. It alarmed me for a minute. That is until I discovered it was coming from the wrong side! lol

Most importantly, my transfer is scheduled for next Monday, February 16th. I am so excited!!!!

Please keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for us!!!

Dawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be a lamb, and have a Halloween baby!
Many good thoughts and prayers for all involved.
Go baby go!
Already the cutest and smartest baby!