Saturday, December 29, 2007

divine intervention vs darn good luck....you decide!

In August my daughter and I start going back to church.
In September I turn 39.
In October we start talking about an egg donor.
Our insurance does not cover this so we begin planning for the expenses. $7,000 for donor, $3,500 for the drugs, $15,000 for the procedure.

I call my sister to discuss the situation and she volunteers to be our donor.
Even though she is 35, her labs and follicle count come back as those of a much younger woman. Her insurance pays for almost all of this testing.

I am offered a new job at work,.
Since I am a chemotherapy nurse, this is great timing because I will not have to exposure to chemicals that are dangerous to babies in the womb.
This new job also has $30,000 worth in fertility coverage.
We pay only $200 copay then all is covered at 80%.

Even though I am in an HMO and my surgeon is not part of our group, the plan paid for all my drugs at co-pay.
My sister has no fertility coverage with her insurance, but her drug formulary includes all of the drugs she needs.

Divine intervention or darn good luck?

You decide!

No comments: