Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Psychiatric Evaluations

For anyone who actually knows the four of us.....Me, Matthew, Dawn, and Ron.....the fact that we were evaluated by a professional and judged as being mentally sound is a miracle in itself. This too may be additional evidence that some divine intervention has taken place.

My biggest fear was the woman was going to say...no way...you are all way to crazy to bring a child into this world together....what were you thinking!

She basically asked us questions to be sure we had thought through this entire process and had realistic expectations of what could occur.

I do worry though that if we are not successful that it could be devastating emotionally for all. We have a 50/50 chance, which is better than the 25% I had alone...still....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Dear daughter-in-law,
As you deal with the emotional and physical challenges of your procedure, I am dealing with the reality of my brother Phil's terminal cancer. Maybe as one life ends, another will begin. This would certainly be God's way of telling us that there is always hope.
I keep you all in my prayers, as I know you do me and the Pautler family.
Love,
Kathy