Friday, January 4, 2008

Thankful

We really have so much for which we should be thankful.

Near the top of our list, has to be the family and friends who have supported us as we have been on this journey.

To Katie: who has been through each day with us, tolerating her Mom's mood swings, and even tolerating her Mom's embarrassing stock piles of infertility drugs in the frig. You are an awesome child baby girl, and if we are lucky enough to have another baby, you will be an awesome big sister. Struggling to understand yourself at 12 is often difficult, but struggling to understand this complicated world of assisted fertility is even more challenging. Thanks so much for loving us and being patient with us. Thanks also for the tremendous joy and love you have brought to our family. Any child would be honored to call you sister.

To my co-workers: You spend more hours of the day with me than my own family does. You have seen me at my best and at my worst. You have shared in my hopes, wiped away my tears, given me much needed hugs, and know more than you ever cared to know about my anatomical and emotional defects. Thanks so much!

To my family: Boy we are not in Ohio anymore are we? I know this is way outside of the comfort zone for many of you, but not once have a I heard a negative remark. There has been nothing but love, and hope, and support given. In our neck of the woods, family is family and it does not matter how dysfunctional or untraditional we are, we still love one another. Aunt Patty has already bought the new baby an outfit and make a blanket for him/her. This is the kind of hope and love I know my family gives. Thanks so much to all of you.

To my in-laws: thanks to those of you have embraced us and held out your hands to help us down this path. For those in the Bay Area all your support is greatly appreciated, I promise to call when I need you, whether you believe me or not! To those of you who struggle with the implications of assisted fertility, may God open your hearts to the joy and love of a new life.

To my little sister, Dawn. Wow sister this is big. Had I known when you were carrying my dolls around by the hair of the head, that you would be giving me a gift so precious I swear I would never had complained! You are incredible. I am not even sure we can comprehend a gift of love such as this. Sisters, Aunts, and Mothers we have shared these roles for many years, but never in such an intimate manner. I love you and and even if this does not work out in the way that we hoped, I will never forget the way you so willingly gave of yourself so that Matthew and I could have a child. We both love you dearly!

Thanks to God. I have not always been the best child, but I know that ultimately this decision is yours. We try so hard to control every aspect of our lives, help us to accept the future, whatever it is. Help us also to remember we are already blessed beyond measure.

HUGS TO ALL!

Theresa & Matthew

No comments: