Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sex Ed and the 7th grader

My daughter has had sex education at school every year since the 5th grade. This week I had to sign the permission slip allowing her to attend.

Although she understands most of what is going on with us, but prefers not to discuss it.....with anyone...ever. So imagine what fun she had completing 3 workbook pages with me this evening. She said you know this stuff you can help me, but then would grunt and say do not say the words unless I do not know them. Something about your Mom saying testes makes most 12 year olds want to cringe. When I asked her what was the other word that boys use to refer to their testes she was in a fit of giggles when she answered "balls" I guess hoping she would say testicles was too much to ask!

No comments: