Monday, January 28, 2008

To test or not to test....

Discharge instructions also advise us not to do home pregnancy tests. I am not sure I am going to be able to follow this request. As noted in my previous post I already have them scheduled into my calendar of things to do over the next 9 days.

According to all my unscientific research, the earliest anyone has tested positive was 6 DPO (6 days past ovulation). Even that seems a little early to me i was thinking of waiting until day 7 at least! The blood pregnancy test is on the 6th of February, but why not have some fun in the meantime I say!

Reasons not to test include added stress and expense. Is not knowing more stressful than knowing? I think not. Then there is the issue of expense. Well I have that solved too, according to the highly rigorous standards of research at www.peeonastick.com :

"Pregnancy tests are like soda: they cost pennies to manufacture, but the resale markup is huge. In this case, the low price really is a great deal! Many women have reported accurate early detection with these $1 bargains. I have experimented with many of them myself and have never seen a false positive. Some have faint evaporation lines, but most tests do. So long as you know what an evap line looks like and how it differs from a true positive, save your money and shop at Dollar Tree!"

Now if I can just get up the nerve to go into the Dollar Tree and buy 10 pregnancy tests!

No comments: