Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Beta is today!

I called my nurse case manager yesterday, whom I really like, and asked her about the process today. She said they would draw the blood this morning and run the specimens sometime before noon.

She said after that she would let me decide how to handle the communication process. I will be at work and i would just assume not fall apart at my desk.

I am sending her the following e-mail. This is the plan I figured out with my office mates. I figure for the morning staying busy at work is my best bet!

Susan,

Thanks for taking the time to call me back so late yesterday. I am very realistic but hopeful about the results today. Please know if I am less than gracious or short when you call it is just in a posture of self-preservation, I appreciate everything you have done for both Dawn and me!

Here are the directions.

1) Page me when you have the results at

2) I will go to lunch so I have an hour to adjust to whatever the news is.

3) I will then decide whether to return to work or declare a mental health day considering my state of being.

Thanks again for everything!

Theresa

PS- Dawn says hello! She wants to know if you miss her too!

Prayers and good thoughts no matter the outcome are always appreciated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait- so did you declare a mental-health day and go shopping for baby clothes? because that is what I would have done...