Sunday, February 17, 2008

Trying to get back to normal....

My husband has several family members in the area. His Mom also came
into town this weekend. While they have been here, I have spent most
of the weekend reading, and sleeping, anything to escape the pain. All
weekend they wanted to get together for dinner, I just could not do it.

My in-laws were very kind. Instead of going out to dinner they
ordered dinner in at my sister-in-laws house because I was afraid of
breaking up in public. They also carefully avoided too many I'm
sorries and how are you doings. We just ate food and talked and
generally had a nice time. It was to be a celebration dinner for our
pregnancy, Matthew's sister's engagement, and brother's anniversary.
fortunately there were no toasts with awkward gaps. I am so glad I
went, I actually considered not going. My daughter also spent the
night with Matthew's sister, who is so much cooler than we are.

Yes the world will get back to normal, it is just hard to see it from
here. One day at a time!

Theresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to go and that you had a good time!

Love ya!
Dawn