Friday, February 22, 2008

Looking ahead

It is hard to look ahead when your insurance has still not paid what is behind! SIGH! Also, that lingering Beta can go away very soon as well.

I think as far as we are concerned, having a child is one of the most important things to us right now. Everything else can come in time, but given the small window of opportunity remaining open to us, the time is now or never for a child.

Now comes the hard decisions, how to move forward. Picking a young donor is best for egg numbers and egg quality. Picking a total stranger is even more difficult. Do you look strictly at age, success in prior cycles, physical characteristics, academic achievement, family values?? What about sharing the cost and sharing the eggs with another couple? I suppose I want a baby who at least resembles me, but is that what is really important?

The nice thing is, I do not have to make all the decisions all by myself! It is nice to have a husband in times like these!

Theresa

No comments: