Friday, June 6, 2008

An Act of Faith

Way back when, when my in-laws were trying to conceive my husband, they also sought assistance. The assistance they sought was of a higher order, or should I say a holy order, the Carmelite Nuns. Matthew's Aunt Lucia was a member of this order.

When Kathy and Vince revealed they were not having success in conceiving, the nuns recommended prayer, and told the young couple that as an Act of faith, they should buy baby clothes.

Sure enough Matthew was conceived a few months later.

I thought this was such a sweet story, that is until I was told the frugal young couple never actually bought the baby clothes.

My sister-in-law Rebaccah, has purchased said clothes to make up for the sins of our elders, and now both of us would like to have the curse lifted from us.

Perhaps the frugal not so young couple should not only pray but purchase the baby clothes so that their children may conceive as well!

I know, I know....but I am covering all my bases just in case!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will confess that I am the parent without enough faith to go out and buy the baby clothes when the Carmelite nuns promised to pray. Give me a break, OK? We were moving from Spokane to Reno, getting settled in a new location, starting new jobs. And then we got the news that Matthew's dad had passed the Washington State Bar Exam. Kaboom, I was pregnant the next month! Prayers? Of course I believe they helped. But stress relief? That has to have played a big role.
So I hope Theresa can relax, I'll pray AND buy any baby clothes she'd like!
Love you, daughter-in-law, and pray daily that this pregnancy will work.
Kathy