Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The perfect pair of earrings.....

We bought the perfect pair of earrings for the donor. They arrived today as expected via overnight delivery. We have purchased from this company in the past and LOVED their jewelry. I removed the earrings to inspect the beautiful aquamarine, I admired it lovingly, and returned it to the box. As I replaced it the back came off of the earring. I started to replace the back when I realized the back was still on the post and instead the post had separated from the stone mount. The beautiful stone was in one hand and the post and back in the other. I almost cried.

This necessitated a late evening run to the mall. We went to Macy's and four jewelry stores before finding the replacement aquamarine earrings. We were so lucky to find a replacement, when you have settled on a particular style, nothing else will do.

Thankfully the earrings are now packaged and tucked into hubby's car, ready to be delivered tomorrow to our wonderful donor.

No comments: