Sunday, June 15, 2008

Books we will read to a new baby...

This is a great question from the donor. I happen to have some experience in reading books to a little one, although I may be a bit rusty as she decided to start reading on her own!

One of the the first books that comes to mind is.....

Where the Wild Things Are..,,On the night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of on kind...and another....LET THE WILD RUMPUS START!

Next is a sweet book called HUGS...Mommy hugs are soft and warm I like them very much, Daddy hugs wrap all around they have a tickley touch

and who can forget, The Cat in the Hat....The sun did not shine it was too wet to play, so we stayed in the house all that cold, cold wet day. I sat there with Sally, We sat there we two, and of how we wished we had something to do. To wet to go out, to cold to play ball, so we sat in the house and did nothing at all.

Then there was another sweet little book called Here I am. I have 2 little eyes, a mouth and a nose, Ten little finger and 10 little toes. I have two hands to clap, clap, clap. I have 2 feet to tap, tap, tap.

Even when you are very little you can check out your body, Katie LOVED this!

Anyone else have a good book to recommend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend The Teddy Bears' Picnic, The Very Hungry Catepillar, and The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear.

-Tiffany

Unknown said...

The Giving Tree

Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do you hear?

Goodnight Moon

If you Give a Mouse a Cookie

Anything by Dr. Seuss!

Great question!